Before Australian citizenship can be requested we must verify that you indeed are eligible for Australian citizenship.
Australian Citizenship is a possibility if you are:
- A migrant with permanent residency
- A spouse or partner of an Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen living in Australia
- A child of a former Australian citizen
- A Commonwealth Child Migration Scheme arrival
- A refugee or humanitarian entrant
- A person born in Papua before independence in 1975
- A person born overseas to an Australian citizen
- A person adopted by an Australian citizen in accordance with the Hague Convention on Inter-country Adoption
- A person who lost or gave up your Australian citizenship
The cost of your application and processing time varies depending on your individual circumstances,
but for most applicants it takes three to six months.
For further information concerning citizenship or eligibility please contact us or view
the Australian Government’s Department of Immigration and Citizenship website.